5 of the Best Security Software You Need to Install in 2021Vanessa Venugopal
Now, working from home is the new norm and many are using personal devices to access files and data of a business. However, most don’t use security software or are not aware that they need one. Hence, they are left unsecured and vulnerable. Only a few employers offer security software to their team or educate them about online safety.
Why Security Software Matters?
Whether you think you need it or not, security software has numerous benefits.
Protection from computer viruses
A computer virus is a malicious code or program that spreads in a device. When it infects a computer, it can do many things, from affecting your device’s performance, spying on your data, and so on. With a security software or an antivirus software application, you can block or detect threats that could harm your device.
Stop phishing attacks
Phishing attacks are one of the most common threats encountered by businesses and even individuals. It’s a form of cybersecurity threat where the user clicks on a link and is directed to a fake site or might download a malicious software program. When you have an antivirus program, it can detect if an email or website is a fraud or not. It can block such links and emails from being opened or accessed.
Keep your device’s performance at its best
A virus or malware can slow down the performance of your device. Threats take up space and memory of your device, causing it to lag or slow down.
Safe from identity theft
Often, hackers’ main goal is to steal a person’s identity. When they gain access to your account, they can have unlimited access to all your data and even do the same to your contacts.
Being online is the source of cybersecurity threats. There are various ways cybercriminals can insert malware into your device. They can trick people into clicking a link, installing a file, or giving away a password. Therefore, having the right protection that can encrypt your traffic, detect if the content is safe, or secure your identity online, comes with great value.
Which is the Best Web Security Software?
Now that you know why you need to invest in a security application for your device, it’s about time to provide you with the best and affordable brands of protection software that has been around for years. Get to know what are they, and install one for your devices.
Norton Security Premium
For 30 years, Norton has produced products that give one of the best security software. Its purpose is to provide a safe online environment, protect identity, secure devices, and keep family or businesses safe.
The Norton Security Premium by Symantec is one of the best web security software that won’t break your bank. With an affordable subscription plan, you can start protecting multiple devices with different operating systems. So, whether you use Windows or iOS, you’ll get the protection you need for all your devices.
What does Norton Security Premium Include?
- Online security from threats such as viruses, malware, spyware, and more.
- Remote Locate, Lock, SIM Card Lock, and Wipe to protect mobile devices.
- Blocks unwanted or unknown numbers.
- Backup space to store valuable files and data to protect them from ransomware attacks.
- Gets daily or the latest updates.
- Protection from downloading harmful content or file online.
How much is Norton Security for a Year?
Norton Premium doesn’t offer a one-time purchase license. Instead, a yearly subscription plan. You can buy Norton Security online at any authorized store. The price varies, but it’s less than $100.
It’s an affordable plan that you will enjoy and need for your devices.
Subscribe now and see what Norton Security Premium reviews online are raving about.
Bitdefender Internet Security
Bitdefender brings an innovative way to detect threats and secure devices. So, if you are looking for the best security software for your Windows PC, Bitdefender is the best fit for you.
It has all the features you’ll need to stop online threats from causing harm to your device and steal your data. In addition, there are tools that can encrypt your IP address and allows safe online banking.
What’s in Bitdefender Internet Security?
- Real-time protection from threats.
- Data and file encryption from ransomware attacks.
- Protection from phishing attacks, fraud, and spam.
- Enhance speed and performance of your PC.
- 200 MB/day VPN encryption.
- Webcam protection.
- Safepay for online banking and shopping transactions.
- Parental Control.
- Powerful firewall protection.
- Secure all passwords and credit card numbers on a password manager.
- Delete files permanently with a File Shredder.
- Best for Windows PC
- Excellent ransomware protection
- Secures audio and webcam
- Limited VPN
- Only for Windows PC
Kaspersky Total Security
The award-winning Kaspersky Total Security has a wide range of tools to protect your Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android devices.
It offers multiple layers of protection that can guard your device and data from every threat. Furthermore, its proactive and real-time protection can help reduce the entry of threats or exploitation of cybercriminals when there are vulnerabilities.
What’s in Kaspersky Total Security?
- 300 MB/ day VPN to provide encryption for files and data, hide IP address, and access content from all around the world.
- Block multiple threats using AI and behavioral analysis.
- Safe Money tool provides bank-grade encryption whenever you access your bank or shop online.
- Protect and create strong passwords.
- Get two-way firewall protection to monitor your Wi-Fi 24/7.
- Remove all your activities from your device.
- Protects Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- Parental Control with GPS.
Besides protecting personal devices, Kaspersky also offers security software for businesses (small, medium, and enterprise). It can protect from 5 to more than a thousand employees.
McAfee Total Protection
It’s more than antivirus security software. It also provides comprehensive security for multiple threats and works on numerous devices. Total Protection is perfect for family use, as it can protect Mac, Windows, and mobile devices.
Despite being a comprehensive tool, it’s also lightweight, easy to install, and uncomplicated.
- Stops auto-play videos, site cookies, and temporary files to enhance the performance of your device.
- Secure your Wi-Fi connection by encrypting the traffic that goes in and out of it.
- Compatible with multiple devices – Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- Browse safely and know which sites are safe.
- Get rid of all sensitive files and leave no trace behind with a file shredder.
- Secure files using the 256-bit AES encryption technology.
- Create password-protected files and drives.
- Vulnerability scanner.
- Spam filter to get rid of junk mail.
Subscribe to McAfee and protect up to 10 devices.
- Secures multiple devices
- Unlimited VPN
- Excellent phishing protection
- Uses facial recognition to log in on password manager
- Limited parental control
- Weak encryption due to simple security questions
- Slows down PC depending on files
The Internet Security Complete is the best package of Webroot SecureAnywhere. Get complete protection that fits your budget and secures multiple devices at once.
It has lightning-fast scanning software, can optimize your device to keep it secure, back up content, and get all the security you need.
- Get real-time scanning on websites and emails to avoid scams and phishing sites.
- Keep passwords, usernames, and other activities on your device and online safe by securing your identity online.
- With up to 25 GB of online storage to secure valuable files and media from ransomware attacks
- System Optimizer serves to protect online privacy and maintains the operating system’s performance. It also eliminates content that can slow down your device by erasing browser history, cache, and cookies.
- Stops webcam hackers
- Scan for 20 seconds and offer superior protection.
- Automatically updates
- LastPass password manager secures all passwords, usernames, and credit card numbers. In addition, it creates strong passwords for your accounts.
- 25 GB cloud storage
- Excellent security for Android
- Fast scan
- Limited features of a password manager
- A bit difficult to navigate
Most security software applications are not only designed for scanning and removing viruses. It also secures online activities and enhances the performance of your device.
Almost all of the security software mentioned above have similar features but have some qualities that make them stand out. Choose one that can fit your budget and your needs.