Benefits of Windows 10 Pro for Small BusinessesVanessa Venugopal
Windows 10 becomes the staple of many businesses since its release in 2015 and has become more sought after earlier this year when Microsoft discontinued its support for Windows 7.
Now, many businesses use Windows to manage their business. Whether you are a small business owner or an enterprise, all you want is to get the latest operating system to make sure that you have the best and secure software for your files, documents, and more.
If you are still using Windows 7 and hesitating to upgrade to the latest operating software because of its features, don’t worry. Windows 10 combines features from previous operating systems and includes new ones. So, for those who want to get the feeling of using Windows 7 but want the latest update and security, get a copy of Windows 10, and join other users.
Earlier this year, Microsoft posted an article on their website announcing that they have hit over one billion active Windows 10 users. It means that people, particularly businesses, are starting to see the value of investing in Windows 10.
“100% of the Fortune 500 now using Windows 10 devices, it has become a critical platform for driving business transformation in the enterprise and beyond.”
Choosing the latest operating system for your business means committing to choosing a more efficient and secure way. You are making sure that you get the best features that could help your business grow and bring solutions for your customers.
When investing in the latest Windows, you’ll always get features and security updates to help you deal with what your business needs.
Windows 10 Editions
- Home: Perfectly designed for individual users, students, or family.
- Pro: For small to mid-sized businesses or businesses planning to upgrade to a more advanced version.
- Pro for Workstations: Made for users or professionals that have advanced data or workloads.
- Enterprise: Created for large organizations with more comprehensive data.
What can Windows 10 Do for Your Business?
Windows 10 has different editions, from Windows home to Windows 10 Pro. If you even want to upgrade it for larger businesses, Microsft also offers an enterprise version.
However, if you are a small business, Windows 10 business edition or Pro version will work for you.
ENHANCED PRODUCTIVITY WITH CORTANA
Cortana is a personal productivity assistant software made by Microsoft. It’s a useful tool that works like Siri and Alexa. It is a voice command that can manage small tasks to enhance productivity.
What can Cortana do?
- Hands-free controls: No need to type your command or press any button, simply say “Hey Cortana” and state your request. With voice command, it makes the work process more efficient and quicker. Furthermore, it best supports multitasking as you can be doing something, while Cortana reminds you of your schedule.
- Search for all files: No need to manually look for your files Cortana can do it for you. Ask Cortana about the file you need, “Please show me files I’ve worked on the past seven days.” It also searches your OneDrive account for files you have stored there.
- Stay within your schedule: Cortana stays updated or reminds you of your appointments. It also gathers all the information or schedules it needs on your Outlook, save the event, and remind you later.
- Dictate email composition: Compose your email hands-free. When you have set up your email account on your Windows operating system device, you can command Cortana to write an email for you and send it.
- Get full control: Set up what Cortana can do and see. If you want to protect your email, you can disable Cortana from sifting through it.
Cortana helps business owners manage their time and become more productive by taking away simple tasks.
SAFE ONLINE BROWSING USING MICROSOFT EDGE
Microsoft Edge is not your ordinary browser. It’s not only made for home users or anyone, but it contributes a lot of benefits to businesses too. Edge is built in a Chromium open-source system that is secured by Microsoft. It’s a web browser designed with the best security and protection for your business.
You can bring together your Internet Explorer applications and now manage it on Edge. In addition, it is one of the best web browsers with enhanced security. It filters through websites, protects users from phishing or unsafe links, gives users the power to control corporate data, and more.
So, surf the internet safely without worrying about your business data being hacked.
BEST SECURITY FOR SMALL BUSINESS
Security is the most vital aspect when choosing software for your business. You won’t simply upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro version if you are not looking to secure your data and device.
With the Pro version, small businesses would be able to get the security they need with some of these features.
- Windows Information Protection (WIP): It is formerly known as the Enterprise Data Protection. WIP is a security feature that small businesses can use, especially if they allow their employees to work using their own devices. It protects the business’s data on an employee’s device, and no one can make changes without permission.
- BitLocker is a built-in encryption feature seen in Windows Pro. It creates a secure environment to protect your data while requiring zero effort on the user. Set up the account, and then you can forget about it.
- BitLocker To Go is similar to BitLocker, but it encrypts removable drives such as USB flash drives, SD cards, external hard disk drives, and other drives formatted in NTFS, FAT16, FAT32, and exFAT file system.
- Microsoft Defender Antivirus or Windows Defender provides comprehensive and real-time protection from threats like viruses, malware, and spyware. The security goes beyond your computer. It also protects your email, applications, and even the web.
- Automatic updates: Stay updated with the latest security and fixes to help you run your device efficiently and get all the protection you need.
ACCESS TO VIRTUAL DESKTOP
Microsoft brings Virtual Desktop or Remote Access feature to Pro version of Windows and Windows 10 Enterprise. It is a function that gives users the freedom to access separate desktops that contain or display different apps and content. It helps segregate work stuff from personal.
With a virtual desktop, it brings a lot more benefits for small businesses than you could ever imagine.
- Cost-effective: No need to invest in new software or PC and maintain the desktop. With a virtual desktop, you can save money from IT support. Furthermore, experience no delays as it takes minutes to configure the system and access them anywhere and anytime.
- Better security: Data is located in a centrally managed system so that it prevents access to it. You can set up rules and how your data can be managed. Plus, no one can copy or save any data on the server. Now, you don’t have to worry about the accidental leak of your company’s data.
- Flexible workplace: Access your work wherever you are on any device you have. In addition, your employees can also access or get permission on different programs and files instead of buying an individual license for their computer.
- Centralized maintenance: Managing a desktop in a central location is faster and easier since there is no need to maintain an individual computer.
INCREASE SPEED FOR BETTER PRODUCTIVITY
Speed is crucial for businesses to provide results. If you have a slow PC, it limits the work of your employees. Furthermore, it will also affect the services you provide to your customers.
The latest Windows provides a fast operating system to let you and your employees get your work done fast and efficiently.
The moment you start your device, you’ll experience how fast Windows 10 is. And, the overall system performance is perfect for managing your business.
FLEXIBLE AND SCALABLE
You read that right. Windows 10 is scalable and flexible. If you want to make sure you can easily move your business from one edition to another, choosing the subscription plan of Microsoft will best work for you.
The Windows 10 Pro version 1730 permits Subscription Activation from the Pro to Enterprise version of Windows. Meanwhile, your version 1903 can support a step-up from Pro Education to Enterprise-grade for educational institutions.
The Enterprise edition has the same features as Pro but some added functions such as Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V), Microsoft User Environment Virtualization (UE-V), Windows To Go, BranchCache, and more.
The Pro version is designed for small to medium-sized businesses. But if you think you might need more for your business, you can opt for the subscription plan so you can easily convert to the Enterprise version.
Windows 10 benefits for business outweighs the disadvantages. That’s why investing in the latest operating system is highly recommended.
Aside from that, it is good to know that Microsoft continues to provide the latest on Windows to make sure that their customers, whether an individual user or business, will get the best features.
In addition, Microsoft finds innovative ways to deploy its operating system across multiple or various devices.
“We will strive to make Windows the most accessible operating system on the planet regardless of where our users are, or what device they are on.”
So, get your business the latest Windows operating system.