Best Antivirus Software for Mac Users 2020Vanessa Venugopal
Macs are often known to be impenetrable from viruses and malware, but it’s not 100% true, as they are also prone to attacks. Therefore, getting the best antivirus software for mac users is also crucial.
Here are some attacks that Mac devices also could experience.
- Adware: It’s an unwanted program that bombards users with annoying advertisements. Some of this can be malicious, while others could be benign. Furthermore, these programs can lead users to other sites that are infected with spyware or other malware.
- Trojan horses: These are malicious software that hides behind fake software that seems to be legit. It often will deploy its attack once the software has been downloaded into the user’s device.
- Macro viruses: Macro viruses originated from Microsoft Word when the user opens an infected file while the macros is enabled. The virus can create a new file, corrupt data, move text, send files, and other things, or worst, deliver a destructive virus or malware.
- Ransomware: It encrypts the user’s data and asks for a certain amount of payment to return the files to the user. Sometimes some ransomware attack locks the whole device.
It’s better to download or buy a legitimate antivirus software than risk trusting that your Mac won’t be attacked by threats.
In this article, we will be discussing the best antivirus software for Mac users and will share some features it can provide for your device.
Antivirus Software to Protect Mac Devices
Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac
Bitdefender has always been one of the best names in the industry. And, when you want to protect your Mac, getting a copy of Bitdefender is the best decision you’ll ever make.
It can protect from any Mac-related threats.
- Safe file: Protects files from unauthorized changes or access. Hence, it can protect from ransomware and malware attacks.
- Time machine: Backs up files, particularly when your devices have been attacked by sophisticated ransomware.
- Adware blocker: As mentioned earlier, adware is also a common threat that can get into Mac users’ devices. But with Bitdefender NZ, it can detect and remove these malicious programs.
- Anti-phishing protection: It protects users from online scams and dangerous sites. It blocks websites that can steal financial data.
- Bitdefender Autopilot: Provides deeper insights on your Mac’s security posture.
- Fast scan: It’s an accurate and lightning-fast speed scanning technology that detects viruses.
- Cloud-based guard: A cloud-based technology that can detect any threat online and eliminates it from the system.
- VPN: Get the privacy you need online with all your activities and data being encrypted. It’s up to 200 MB per day.
- Anti-tracker extension: Blocks trackers that collect data, and permit you to manage information on websites you visit. It also enhances the loading page.
Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac
Once you go online, there are threats all around you. Hackers are waiting for the best opportunity to get what they want. But with Kaspersky Internet Security, you get protection when you communicate, surf, socialize, transfer money, and shop online.
- Award-winning protection: It brings the best threat protection tools you’ll need for your Mac. No viruses, spyware, phishing, malware, and dangerous websites will stand a chance.
- Privacy: All your data are safe from spyware or trackers who are trying to watch your activities and steal your identity.
- VPN: Protects your device and data once you connect to a public Wi-Fi. And, you can access websites outside of your region or country.
- Safe shopping: Protect your money and data whenever shopping or banking online. Kaspersky adds an extra layer for strong protection of sensitive information or details.
- Performance: Provides the best protection without affecting or slowing down the performance of your Mac device.
Trend Micro can provide you with the protection you need. It works like other known antivirus software in the market.
- Block online threats: Gets rid of malicious software and websites by detecting, blocking, and eliminating it from the device.
- Protects privacy: It protects devices from spyware, blocking them from having access to your webcam and microphone.
- Children safety: Keeps children safe online by limiting their time and sites that are not appropriate for their age.
- Social media privacy: Protects details on social media and link that are malicious or contains threats.
- Safeguards emails: Protects emails by scanning the content and attachments to ensure that the email doesn’t contain scam or links to websites that are dangerous.
Avast Premium Security
Avast Premium provides complete protection that not only covers your Mac device but other devices too. Furthermore, it is one of the best software that can protect your Mac or other devices from ransomware attacks.
- Shopping and banking safety: Scans websites to ensure security across all your devices. It detects spoofed (fake) websites.
- Ransomware protection: Ransomware attacks are one of the most common threats online, and it is particularly dangerous to businesses that have a lot of customers. However, with Avast, it fully protects devices from ransomware.
- Email protection: Scans messages to avoid receiving threats or malicious content. In addition, it also helps to prevent sending out emails with malware.
- Wi-Fi protection: Connect to public Wi-Fi safely and get real-time updates that show weakness and intruders.
- Scheduled scan: Scan Mac devices daily or anytime you want.
- Updates: Get real-time updates to get the best protection.
- All threats: Secure all devices from viruses, phishing scams, spyware, ransomware, and other malware.
ClamXav is a scanning software app that detects viruses, adware, or any threat. It gets rid of all intruders.
- Trusted antivirus and malware scanner: Scans and detects such threats to keep the devices clean and safe from harm.
- Manage scan setting: You can take control of how you want your devices or its content to be scanned. You could either scan specific files or sometimes the entire hard drive. You can choose to remove infected files or put incoming files into quarantine.
- Works behind the background: You can scan your device while working, and it won’t affect the performance of your Mac.
- Gets rid of pop-ups: Remove annoying pop-up adverts by blocking adware from your Mac.
ESET Cyber Security
It’s the essential antivirus software you’ll need to protect your Mac. It’s fast and reliable to fight against all threats.
- NOD32 antivirus: One of ESET’s technology that gives the best protection against viruses, worms, malware, and spyware.
- Conserve resources: Even working on the background, ESET doesn’t use your computer’s full power. It doesn’t slow down the computer.
- Web and email scanning: Checks all incoming emails for malicious links and attachments.
- Anti-phishing: Protects your computer from hackers that want to steal sensitive information such as passwords, credit card number, and username.
- Advanced features: You can set up your scanning needs like the time and content to be scanned.
- Intuitive design: ESET created a design that’s familiar and easy to use for Mac users.
Norton 360 Deluxe
Norton protects multiple devices from your PC to Mac, and it gives the equal protection you need to all of them. You’ll get online privacy and protection not only for your device but also for the whole family.
- Threat protection: Get real-time scanning and protection from Norton by implementing their latest security and advanced multi-layer protection. It guards against malware, adware, viruses, and other threats.
- VPN: Protects devices when connected to public Wi-Fi. It encrypts all data and online activities from spy or intruders. It also keeps safe when conducting banking or shopping activities.
- Firewall protection: Protects the traffic that comes in and out of your computer. It protects the data being exchanged by blocking any unauthorized or suspicious traffic entering the connection or network.
- Password manager: Saves all your login credentials or sensitive information. You can access your stored passwords and other information using a single (master) password.
- Parental Control: Take control of what your children can access or see online, check on the websites they visited, and it also comes with a GPS location for mobile devices.
- Dark web monitoring: Monitors the dark web market if any of your personal information has been found.
As you can see, Macs are also prone to attacks online. You can protect your device by browsing safely, installing antivirus software, and avoid clicking on unsafe links.
If you want to get the best prices of antivirus software, you can visit our online store. We offer 20% off on selected items. Buy now and start protecting your device.