Effective Video Marketing Strategies for 2021Vanessa Venugopal
Video marketing has been around for a while, and it is not going away anytime soon. In recent reports, video is one of the most consumed forms of content online, whether it’s watching a video on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and so on. The amount of users consuming video is surprising.
People view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube. That’s quite a lot, and it’s only on YouTube. How much more if we consider videos from other platforms?
Some reasons why people prefer watching videos is because it retains more of the message and it helps with what they need immediately.
So, small businesses and marketers have been investing in creating videos for their brands. In a study conducted on small to mid-sized businesses, 64% of the respondents said video content is the most effective form of online marketing content for their business.
Investing this 2021 on creating videos for your business is the best decision you’ll make for your brand. With time and money (you don’t need a large budget when creating videos), you’ll be able to create content for your consumers.
So what do you need to know to create engaging videos this 2021?
In this article, we will be discussing different video marketing strategies you need to implement before or as you create your content. With these strategies, you’ll be able to know what your audience wants, increase traffic, enhance brand awareness, and make sales.
Effective Video Marketing Strategies in 2021
Create a Plan
The first thing that every marketing strategy needs is a well-thought-out plan. Planning can help you determine the success of your video creation. You need to know the goal or why you are creating a video in the first place.
Planning your strategy helps you and your team in the long run. There is no need to go back and forth changing what you have started and so on if you have a clear goal in the beginning.
Here are some questions so you can focus on determining the goal of your content.
- Why are you creating a video? What’s the goal? Do you want to promote brand awareness? Make a sale? Launch a new product? What do you want your audience to take after watching your video?
- Who is your target audience?
- How often would you post your content?
- What platform are you going to use to share your content?
- How much is your budget?
- When’s it due?
- Do you need to hire an expert, or do you have the skills?
So, planning can help you smoothen the process of creating your video. Also, if you are lost in the process of making your content, you can always go back to your goal.
Focus on Making Stories
The difference between text and image content from video content is that it makes the audience closer and more connected. Audiences see people moving and hear conversations that are similar to their lives. Hence, it makes videos understandable than any other content online.
Video content is a way to express yourself or your brand. So, it’s either you do or don’t create a video at all. Go big or go home, as they say. Creating stories with your videos are more effective than trying to sell a product.
The best videos online are the ones that tell stories or connect to the viewers. So, the more you share your brand’s story, the more audience you’ll be able to gain. The more valuable your videos are, the more people will notice your brand.
Here are some ways you can share a story with your video:
- Inspirational videos that evoke positive feelings
- Success stories of customers
- Behind-the-scene of your company/brand creation
- Data-driven facts
- Trending topics related to your niche or brand
Optimize Your Videos
SEO is not only for blog posts or website content. It also becomes a way to promote your video content. Since videos are becoming trendy, many people spend more time searching for such content online. So, optimizing your videos to rank on top of the search engine can help boost your campaign.
Practice these simple tips to optimize your videos:
- Create a catchy title: Use a title that will grab your viewers’ attention, informative but short. It’s best to use 60 characters or less on your YouTube video title, as these are the only characters that will show on any video you post on the said platform.
- Use the right keywords: Whether in the title or description of your video, you have to include keywords. Using keywords will help your video rank higher on the search engine. The search algorithm for YouTube is similar to Google. Meanwhile, Facebook has another approach to search results or ranking.
- Add a short description: Take advantage of this part by writing a short description describing what your video is about or going to be. Don’t forget to include keywords in it and links to your website or social media. You can also insert tags but be careful not to overdo it.
- Choose the best thumbnail: Thumbnails are the first thing users see about your video, so choose one that will intrigue them to click on it. Choose engaging, high-quality, and eye-catching thumbnails.
- Optimize your videos for mobile devices since mobile video consumption rises to 100% every year and people are more likely (1.5 times) to watch videos on the mobile phone.
Choose the Right Platform
Choosing the right platform to promote your video is also as valuable as its content. Each social media platform varies.
You can use platforms where you have already established your brand, one with the most views (Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat). You can also choose a platform where you can easily repurpose content, complements each other, and works with your video’s orientation.
Include a CTA
CTA or call to action can come in many forms. It could be used to direct sales, invite for sign-ups, and increase engagement.
There are three ways you can add a CTA to your videos. It could be pre-roll, mid-roll, or post-roll CTAs.
- Pre-roll CTAs are seen at the start of a video.
- Mid-roll CTAs, anywhere between the beginning and end of a video.
- Post-roll CTAs are at the end of a video.
In a study conducted by Wistia, most content creators add CTAs at the end of a video. But the highest conversion rate happens when CTAs are in the middle or while people are highly engaged while watching your video.
Planning for Pre-production and Post-production
So, it’s not only about planning for the goal, target audience, and so on. Planning should also entail your video content, how you are going to film it, and post-production.
You can choose to hire someone to do everything and lift the burden of doing all the process, but it would cost some money. If you are on a tight budget or you run a small business, your option is to take care of most of the process (but not all). It includes writing a script, filming, props making, and so on. Or, you can hire some professionals to manage some parts of the video creation.
After filming all the necessary scenes you need, it’s time for video editing. You can hire a video editor to do the job or learn the skill of video making. There are numerous applications or software you can use to help you with your video editing process.
There are affordable software applications that are easy to use, even for beginners.
- Adobe Premiere Elements: If you are looking for a friendly video editing tool, Adobe Premiere Elements is the perfect application for you. When you buy Adobe Premiere Elements, you’ll get a software application run by AI technology, making the process of editing videos quick and simple. In addition, it has plenty of filters, effects, and ways you can produce a short, simple video for your social media content. Don’t just take our words on it. You can find positive Adobe Premiere Elements reviews online to prove the quality of this software.
- Wondershare Filmora: Another beginner-friendly video editing software you can try is Wondershare Filmora. It has a wide range of powerful tools but easy to use and with an intuitive design. There are various filters and overlays to transform your videos. Easily combine videos and images, get access to royalty-free songs, and produce a video with 4K, GIF, and more. It also permits the enhancement of color to make it more appealing, video stabilization, audio equalizer, and noise removal.
- Movavi Video Editor Plus: It helps create engaging videos with powerful tools that are easy to learn. Add special effects, change background with Chroma Key, add filters, stabilize videos, or layer a voiceover on your video. It’s available on both Windows and Mac versions.
After working on your content, it’s time to promote your videos. Promotion is valuable to get your content out there for more people to see and engage on it. It means you have to post your content on various channels depending on the length of your campaign. You can use a single video and post it multiple times on different channels like Twitter.
So, plan the right schedule and platform as to where you want to promote or share your content to get more people talking about your brand.
You can also choose to pay to promote your videos or be on top of searches. Facebook and YouTube can be an excellent place for a specific target audience to promote your campaign. All you have to do is set your parameters to what you need, and it’s done.
Analyze the Numbers
An excellent video marketing strategy not only includes planning, creation process, and promotion. It should also involve studying the numbers after you posted your campaign.
Analytics is the most important of all the processes of a campaign. It gives you an idea of how your video performed. You can see if you have targeted the right audience, how many people viewed your content, and so on.
Each platform has its own metrics you can check for your campaign. These analytics helps marketing experts determine if the content is effective. It shows how to improve sales or increase engagement, what to do next, and future content creation. It’s a powerful tool for marketing strategies.
With careful planning, video creation, studying analytics from previous content or your social media engagement, you’ll start bringing more sales to your brand. Take advantage of the effectiveness of video marketing to help your brand in many ways.